Blue Raspberry Waffles
These waffles are fun, fun, fun! Not only that, they’re just as healthy as can be—free from gluten, fat, cholesterol, refined flours, and sugar. Wake up to the breakfast of your dreams with Bow & Arrow Brand blue cornmeal waffles!
- 2 tablespoons ground flax (flaxmeal)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 ¼ cups almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 cup Bow & Arrow Brand blue cornmeal
- ¼ cup brown rice flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon EACH: salt and baking soda
- 1 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- Stir the flaxmeal with the water and set aside for five minutes.
- Add the almond milk to the flaxmeal mixture and stir well.
- Add the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda to the wet mixture and stir well. Preheat your waffle iron.
- Stir the raspberries into your batter and cook your waffles according to the directions on your waffle iron. Serve with fresh berries and maple syrup if desired. If you have leftover waffles, they can be frozen individually and reheated in a toaster or toaster oven.
Makes 4 large waffles (serves 2-4)