Cornmeal Crunch Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
You’ll love this crunchy cornmeal twist on oatmeal raisin cookies! Enjoy them warm for an extra special treat.
- ¼ cup coconut oil, non-virgin
- 2 tablespoons EACH: almond milk and maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup Bow & Arrow Brand white cornmeal
- ½ cup EACH: whole wheat pastry flour and coconut sugar
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon EACH: baking soda and baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Prepare your baking sheets. If you have silpat liners, use them. If not, spray two baking sheets with oil and set aside.
- In a small pot, melt the coconut oil. Stir the other wet ingredients into the oil. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients with a whisk. When thoroughly combined, add the wet ingredients to the dry mix in the bowl and stir well.
- Stir in the raisins. Drop the dough by tablespoonfulls onto the baking sheets, leaving room for them to lace out. Bake for ten minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly, then gently remove from the pans. If you have a cooling rack, place the cookies on there. Enjoy!
Makes about 18 cookies