Indian Cauliflower Poppers
If you enjoy authentic Indian food (the kind made in India), these crunchy cauliflower poppers will delight your senses. The added bonus of Bow & Arrow Brand Indian cornmeal gives these a unique and delicious twist!
NOTE: If you don’t mind a higher-fat dish, these can be deep fried in coconut oil for even better results.
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ¼ cup Bow & Arrow Brand Indian cornmeal
- ¼ cup garbanzo bean (chickpea) flour
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 medium cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 ½ teaspoons EACH: coriander powder and cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
For pan-frying: 2 tablespoons non-virgin coconut oil
- In a medium bowl, toss the cauliflower with all of the remaining ingredients (except for the oil). Stir well with a rubber spatula until thoroughly combined.
- Place a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat and add the oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add the cauliflower. Pan-fry, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower is golden-browned on all sides. This will take about 5-7 minutes. Serve hot.